751 F.AVE students responded to the survey. What were the results?
- 39.4% have their own cell phone
- 53.5% have a personal email address
- 78.4% have 6 or more technology devices (not including televisions) in their home.
- 99.6% of students have some sort of computer or wireless device in their home.
- The device most commonly owned by a student was a tablet (470 students), with phones (268 students) and video game consoles (274) being the next most popular.
- 42.6% are already using social media, with Musically as the most popular social media app.
- 81.6% play video games with Minecraft being the most popular video game by far.
- 52.6% connect and play video games with people online. Surprisingly, out of those students over 56% are playing with people they do not know.
Below is a summary of how much screen time F.AVE students are allowed.
We all also agree that the next 5 visits to the media center where we explore ways to express ourselves safely and responsibly online are necessary and important.